Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The second day of the rest of my life

..started at 5 o'clock in the morning when I woke up from finding myself in a taxi driving from the airport to Tbilisi at 140 km per hour. I glanced at the driver, but he looked as if he was having a good time and had been doing this for the last 14 years. This made me calm again, and as we entered Latvian Consular office in the middle of Tbilisi in the middle of the night, unfolding our matraces was the only thing we did before going to sleep.

Now we are preparing for going to Kazbegi. When a couple of weeks before coming to the project I told the guy in Latvian Consulate that we, three girls, are going to Kazbegi, he laughed and asked if I was kidding. Now (as he probably realized that I was not) we had a one-and-a-half-hours-long lecture on now to survive in Kazbegi. Mountain people are the nicest Georgians, but they are also the most dangerous ones. Women in Georgia are saint, still we have to beware from evil intentions of locals.

But the first day of the rest of my life was August 1, when I for the first time in my life became an unemployed person for undetermined time. This feeling... I recommend it. In despite of my strong belief that my job was the best job I could dream of. This (in the picture) is how I mentally felt and actually spent time on this day (thanks to Latvian former GLENies)

2 comments:

Kārlis Goba said...

Klau, pastāsti, ko jums teica par izdzīvošanu Kazbegi

Unknown said...

Malacis, bezdarbniece... algotu darbu strādājot par miljonāru nekļūsi :)

Dagmāra